Advent Calendars

The big countdown BEGINS!

Learn more about this tree HERE!

This year the boys were asking over and over again for an advent calendar. Last year, we were gifted a Lego Advent (Thanks Aunt Dot!) and I don't think we will ever be able to go back. THIS year, they somehow found out that Haribo (the gummy bear company) has an advent calendar and they all agreed to chip in $5 to buy one.

Of course, once we started looking around on Amazon, the world of ADULT advent calendars was opened to me and I was totally enamored. (I am linking to all of them below if you are interested, and as always, I get a small kickback from Amazon for every purchase you make. Full disclosure, I will TOTALLY use those kickbacks to buy one of the following advent calendars.)

Did you know that there is a honey, jelly and jams advent calendar from Bonne Maman??  You open the little door every day of advent and SUPRISE! apricot preserves for your toast!  ...or some wildflower honey for your tea! Thrilling. It went straight into the cart.

UPDATE: BOOOOOOO - they are sold out now :(


I was tempted too by the lotions and potions advent calendars. Beautiful boxes full of sample sized luxury lotions -- too tempting~! 
These went on my wishlist because WHOO pricey!



THIS ONE is my favorite (LOOK at that box!), but THIS ONE was a solid contender.
***Here's hoping they go on clearance AFTER Christmas, right??***

Bare Minerals has one, Godiva has one, the list goes on and on and I hope it keeps becoming a thing. Don't you think these would be a fun exchange gift for adults? Maybe instead of masses of Christmas presents none of us need? I do!

Advent, at our house, is almost more fun than the actual Big Day of Christmas. We still do our activity and "kind acts" advent, our Jesse Tree, our candles.  It is all about rising anticipation, hope and enjoying the little joys (like new jams, jellies and honeys every morning!!) Merry Merry!!


Pin It

Popular Posts