I Am a Pumpkin
Last night was a gorgeous fall evening, cool air warmed by the sun to perfection. The kids wanted to be outside carving pumpkins, but it is still a bit too early, so I grabbed a cheap bag of black pipe cleaners and let them loose on the pumpkins lining our front stairs. It turns out, pipe cleaners and pumpkins are a very happy match and it kept the kids happy indeed.
The ends of the pipe cleaners poke directly into the pumpkin to attach and then can be bent any which way.
Once they got going, I found a few more odd craft supplies that they could attach....and some gold Sharpies...
...and then they made my favorite:
![]() |
| "I am a Pumpkin" |
Made by this guy :)
...and in other pumpkin news, I GREW THIS!
My biggest pumpkin yet, and I found it hiding under some ornamental grasses while I was mulching. Turns out if you LEAVE THE PUMPKINS ALONE and don't pick them early out of glee and excitement, they grow HUGE! (...like hard to lift HUGE!)
Happy Halloweening!






