Week 1 of 4-a-days
I won't be posting everyday this August, but I will be taking my 4 shots a day and sharing some with you periodically throughout the month. I started a little early, so this is my week 1. My hope is that perhaps I will help you think of a new aspect of your children you want to capture and remember -- perhaps I can give you new eyes to see your everydays these last few weeks of summer.
Camera note: See the light in the background? I knew going in I would need to set my exposure compensation higher to combat that light
![]() |
| He always looks at me like this when he is waiting to see what chore I am asking him to do :) |
and keep the photo from turning out too dark. Also, I used the chair back to help me line up the shot before snapping!
![]() |
| Studying Brainquest with his sister's sock on his eye because the sunscreen kept getting in it. |
Camera note: I would have missed his eyes if I had not sat down at his level before lining up the shot.
I also love how this says so much more about him at this age than it would have i I would have made him look at the camera.
![]() | ||
| They just discovered the "7" app and exercise all day long. Then they go ride bikes. Then they exercise. Then they go play tennis. Then they exercise.... Camera note: Your main subject is in focus in the front of the shot, but you might wait to SNAP until someone in the background has a genuine smile, funny face or otherwise memorable movement.
Camera Note: Photos DO NOT have to be with your "fancy" phone. Phone cameras can be used too! Try centering your 4 shots around a single object or activity...say palmas climbing?? |




