Can You Spot the Sunshine?
Pea Masterpiece at Burpee
Next surprise from the Burpee booth is a new basil. Scott, the Burpee Home Gardens Program Director, contends that this is a great basil for cooking, for pests, but I LOVED it raw off the plant. It is sharp, and slightly bitter, but it cleanses your mouth on a hot summer day and leaves behind a tingling on your tongue, like icy-hot for your palette. While I can understand folks not liking those qualities, I am totally a fan. I am also the Mom that has taught the kids to eat lemon balm raw from the garden while they are playing, so Take my opinion on this one with a grain of salt. If nothing else, the taste is DEFINITELY a surprise. No link to this one yet...but I will get it for you when I can!
![]() |
| Burpee Home Gardens, Spring Trials 2015 |
![]() |
| Lemon Surprise |
...and if you like surprises, you do not what to miss out on Serenity 'Spring Day'osteospermum,
with pretty white and pink blooms and then SURPRISE! Bright yellow on the back of each petal.
Can you spot the sunshine??
![]() |
| Serenity 'Spring Day'osteospermum Come back SOON for the last of the new flowers and veggies!! TONS of pictures! |



