CRAFTED by Alex ::: Feathered Thank Yous
Welcome back Alex of Northstory!
She has an absolutely FABULOUS tutorial today for you -- SUPER creative upcycle -- get your pinning fingers ready!!!
PS -- Alex, are those IKEA scissors I spot?? A girl after my own heart...
*
Start saving your toilet paper rolls ladies and gentlemen. They will make you an awesome DIY gift box that is perfect for Thanksgiving, especially as a little token for each guest on your dinner table. No really. This is all started because my daughter started collecting some feathers and I thought hey let's make feathers to use as gift wrap decor.What you'll need:
- toilet paper rolls
- twine and yarn in your choice of colours
- used fabric in your choice of colours (I used old work socks, felt and scraps from window curtains I shortened)
- scissors
- cardstock
- hole punch
Freehand cut out some feather shapes out of all the fabric scraps I had. I wish I could offer you a stencil,
but I literally just did them at random. The less perfect the more unique you get.
Print up a sheet of Thank You's on card stock.
Then cut out and hole punch both the feathers and the tags.
Get your toilet paper roll and press down on both sides to create an opening.
This is the moment you fill it with whatever you'd like - candy, a thank you note, a wish, a Gift card etc.
Then, first wrap your twine and yarn together around the toilet paper box leaving the feathers and the tag off to one end.
Tie it all up and you're done!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
ALEX! Seriously? You must be a genius!
pinterest, instagram and her home base, NORTHSTORY!


