I Need Your Help!!!

So we have beautiful wood laminate flooring through out most of our home.   You can see it in the background here:



  I like it...I love it even...but the problem is that is stops before the entryway/living room. 
The living room is covered is creamish carpet that is beyond stained from muddy shoes coming in the door.  You can see a bit of it under the Sharpie rug here:




So this is where I need your help...should I just extend the laminate hardwood throughout the entire house or will that be too many hard surfaces?  Should I make a slate entryway by the front door?   What has worked for you in an entry/living room space??  I need your help!!

Of coursethen there is the whole -- don't bring new carpet fumes into your house -- and I wonder if the fumes are any better or worse than laminate flooring...ahh the questions...   I did look up the EPA recommendations for carpeting and they simply didn't help a bit....  Your thoughts?!?

Popular Posts