Marigolds are Ugly! Why you should plant them anyway...
UGH...Marigolds...who would ever plant them?
They are such a raucous, 1970's shade of gold with a boring little pom pom flower, ugly leaves...so COMMON...why grow them?
Well, there is one good reason that I know of.
See those little plants over there? Those are my veggies.
...and while I realize I will sacrifice some to our resident groundhog and perhaps a bunny or two, I would prefer to keep the bugs away.
...and the prevailing wives' tale on Marigolds says that they will repel certain veggie attackers like aphids...
Who knows if they are right...but a few cents worth of seeds is worth the try, don't you think?
Marigolds are one of those easy to grow seeds that you can literally just throw on the ground, water it in and watch it grow.
The seeds are actually prettier than the plant aren't they?
I trust you marigolds...don't let me down!
Keep those bugs away!
What helps YOU with bugs in your garden???
Keep those bugs away!
What helps YOU with bugs in your garden???

