Pantry Art

If you read blogs, you've seen bloggers paint frames.  I'm not reinventing the wheel here, but I am always amazed at the way a crappy painting can seem cute with a little spray paint on the frame.  Case in point...



I love getting these paintings for free or very very cheap at the market or thrift store.  (The market has this great little booth where you can fill a bag for $1, and they really let you FILL the bag, so you can get about 10 of these types of paintings if you want to.)  I like the actual painting and I love that someone actually hand painted it, but I hate the frame.  I hate that it is dusty and old and especially hate that it has a red stripe.  
I wanted to bring out the purples and the lightness and brightness of the piece so it would fit in my pantry.

The frame got a coat of light paint, a little grey for highlights and purple around the edges.  The purple is the same I used in THIS PROJECT, so it ties into the little bits of purple in the painting and the other items I already have in the kitchen.

I love paintings like this, but they don't really fit the decor I've got in my house, so when I find painting like this I love, I trick them out for the pantry.  Since I am in there a lot grabbing foodstuffs, it is always a cheery thing to see little bits of original art.


Total cost...maybe 20 cents?

Popular Posts