Fried Cheese...for real?
That's what I thought when I was handed a piece at Costco. Pan fried cheese...crisp on the outside, gooey on the inside. There is no way this exists. Oh but it does...and it made me buy the cheese....and then I fried it....and put it on meatball subs. YUM.
I usually only take photos and post on recipes I've done over and over again, but I want to have this one at my fingertips because it was SO GOOD, so forgive the lack of photos :)
3 parts meat to 2 parts bread crumbs (1/2 pound is a meat part, 3/4 cup is a crumb part)
an egg (or two if you are making a big batch)
bit of red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, whatever
a few squirts of sauce...Worcestershire, steak sauce, ketchup
finely chopped onion (1/2 or 1)
Mix everything WITH YOUR HANDS just until mixed and lightly roll the meatballs. Place on a non-stick baking pan. Place in a 450 degree oven in the middle rack for 12-14 minutes. Let rest a few minutes.
Frying the cheese? Even easier....
Slice the cheese into 2x2 chunk slices.
Coat a frying pan in olive oil. Heat on high until you can just barely smell the olive oil. Turn the heat down a bit to medium. Lay the slices in. They should start to bubble a little bit, but not boil.
Watch them carefully and flip when they start to turn a tiny bit brown. (about2-3 minutes)
Don't use a non-stick pan. Use a good metal pan you can scrape with a metal utensil to get all the little browned bits of cheese.
Someday I might get around to frying cheese again and taking photos...my arteries have asked me to wait at least a few weeks :)
Post sponsors and a giveaway will be introduced this week! Make sure you sign up if you have a business you want to promote HERE!
I usually only take photos and post on recipes I've done over and over again, but I want to have this one at my fingertips because it was SO GOOD, so forgive the lack of photos :)
3 parts meat to 2 parts bread crumbs (1/2 pound is a meat part, 3/4 cup is a crumb part)
an egg (or two if you are making a big batch)
bit of red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, whatever
a few squirts of sauce...Worcestershire, steak sauce, ketchup
finely chopped onion (1/2 or 1)
Mix everything WITH YOUR HANDS just until mixed and lightly roll the meatballs. Place on a non-stick baking pan. Place in a 450 degree oven in the middle rack for 12-14 minutes. Let rest a few minutes.
Frying the cheese? Even easier....
Slice the cheese into 2x2 chunk slices.
Coat a frying pan in olive oil. Heat on high until you can just barely smell the olive oil. Turn the heat down a bit to medium. Lay the slices in. They should start to bubble a little bit, but not boil.
Watch them carefully and flip when they start to turn a tiny bit brown. (about2-3 minutes)
Don't use a non-stick pan. Use a good metal pan you can scrape with a metal utensil to get all the little browned bits of cheese.
Someday I might get around to frying cheese again and taking photos...my arteries have asked me to wait at least a few weeks :)
Post sponsors and a giveaway will be introduced this week! Make sure you sign up if you have a business you want to promote HERE!
