I hem like a child...
I am a big fan of using fabric that has already had some of the work completed for you. I will often buy flat sheet or single curtain panels or any number of other premade fabric items on clearance. Then I cut them up and use them for other projects, taking advantage or all those finished edges. I just recently cut up this tapestry to use all over my kitchen and the adjoining room with the kid's table. Once I added that fabric to the room, the black of my pocket organizers stuck out like a sore thumb, so I decided to replace them with white organizers.
I found a bunch of director chair covers at Lowes. You know, the chairs that they write the stars' names on so they can "rest" while they are on set? I found that they were absolutely perfect for making pocket organizers for non-seamstresses folks like myself.
You see, the seaming and the hemming is almost all completely finished for you. I like that. a lot. ...because my hemming looks like a child did it most of the time.
So here is a photo of a few of the black organizers I made a few weeks ago.
I really like the black, but once I finished adding in these boards to this offshoot of the kitchen, the black pulled too much attention and was distracting, so I made a couple white ones instead. While I actually prefer the black when looked at alone, the creamy white works better as a whole for the room.
I found a bunch of director chair covers at Lowes. You know, the chairs that they write the stars' names on so they can "rest" while they are on set? I found that they were absolutely perfect for making pocket organizers for non-seamstresses folks like myself.
You see, the seaming and the hemming is almost all completely finished for you. I like that. a lot. ...because my hemming looks like a child did it most of the time.
So here is a photo of a few of the black organizers I made a few weeks ago.
I really like the black, but once I finished adding in these boards to this offshoot of the kitchen, the black pulled too much attention and was distracting, so I made a couple white ones instead. While I actually prefer the black when looked at alone, the creamy white works better as a whole for the room.
See?

